However there are ways you can ensure you get the best cupcakes possible without having to do much extra work and the simple tips below will have you making mouth-watering cupcakes that leave everyone wanting more. And wanting to know your secret!
- When trying out a new cupcake recipe, you might consider cooking a ‘trial’ cupcake in the oven first. Why? Because every recipe is different and not all batter will rise the same. Simply fill one cupcake liner halfway and see how much it rises. Then you’ll know if you need to keep it halfway full, lessen the amount, or increase the amount.
- For those who don’t have time to look for a new recipe or simply have a cake recipe they really enjoy, you can use a cake recipe in place of a cupcake one. The only difference is that you use a cupcake pan in place of a cake pan. Also keep in mind you probably won’t have to bake them as long when divided into cupcakes.
- Filling a cupcake pan can be rather messy. If you haven’t already discovered a cleaner way to fill them, consider using an ice cream scoop. If this doesn’t work, consider using a small funnel and simply place your thumb or finger over the end of the funnel until you’re ready to fill.
- A marvelous cupcake can be ruined simply from not being stored properly. That said, if your cupcake contains certain frostings, they need to be refrigerated. Such frostings include whipped cream, ganache, cream cheese, and butter cream, to name a few. Otherwise, storing your cupcakes in an airtight container will work out just fine.
- Always use cupcake liners when baking cupcakes. These not only make them easier to remove it makes them taste better. You also aren’t left with a messy pan if they decided to stick to the pan when you take them out.
The majority of us fall in love with really moist cupcakes. Unfortunately they don’t always emerge from the oven this way. Here are some final tips to help you achieve delicious moist cupcakes every time. Enjoy!
• Make sure your batter is light rather than really heavy
• Do not excessively beat or stir the batter.
• Add a little extra liquid.
• Opt for oil in place of butter.